Friday, November 16, 2012

Learning to listen, what your body has to say!

Ok I have had just about enough of those articles stating "caffeine is killing you", "gluten free or die", "kale for life"etcetcetc!
 Do these articles have some good points, Sure they do! But if I listened to everyone of these articles and changed my life accordingly I would be STARVED and likely malnourished! 

I have found, as have my students that the more you yoga the more in tune with your body you become. The more in tune you are the more specific your cravings become as well as when and how much to eat.
For example, when I have done several classes in one day I tend to crave potassium and calcium rich foods like coconut and kale chips YUM! And water! Which I generally tend to loath!
Your body tells you all the time what it needs, it just asks you give it some time and space in order to hear it.
Does this miraculous knowledge come instantly with a yoga class? No, although you do get to know your body better as soon as you step on that mat;) It takes time and you have to give yourself that time following through with a yoga regimen that works for you in order to see results you are looking for. Its not a diet its a way to life! We are constantly evolving creatures with constantly evolving needs, so why not continue to check in with yourself to see what it needs day to day.



So maybe check in for some yoga before turkey feasting this year, your body(and mind) will thank you! Namaste



No comments:

Post a Comment