Monday, November 12, 2012

Take care

 Taking care of others is rewarding and beautiful but I realized at a young age that if you do not care for yourself first you can not give fully to others.
 That is a lesson we all seem to need reminding of from time to time.

 Yoga has always been my go to for getting back to myself, my mental clarity, my balance, my overall rejuvenation. Yoga at times felt over indulgent, I had things to do and people to care for! But it was always clear after my yoga practice that I and everyone around me would have suffered if I had not taken the time to return to my balance.
So as these busy holiday times are quickly approaching, don't forget to take time for yourself so you can keep on giving.

"A thousand candles can be lighted from the flame of one candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness can be spread without diminishing that of yourself."
Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment